Case for Support Brochure: Over Time Campaign CFS
Pledge Form: Wynyard Arena Pledge Form
Tax Benefits form: Wynyard After Tax Calculations
Please Donate to the Over Time Campaign Today
Make your donation today. Print off a donation form or pick one up at the Town of Wynyard Office and make your donation today.
- All donations will receive a charitable tax receipt. Contributions are deductible in the year made. Thus, donations charged to a credit card before the end of 2014 count for 2014. This is true even if the credit card bill isn’t paid until 2015. Also, cheques count for 2014 as long as they are mailed in 2014.
- With the first time tax credit having been introduced in 2013, new donors also have a unique opportunity to take advantage of an additional federal tax savings. The tax credit is aimed at getting new donors to give to charities by increasing the value of the federal charitable donations tax credit by 25 per cent. The credit can be applied to cash donations of up to $1,000, and can be claimed once in any taxation year from 2013 to 2017, according to the Canada Revenue Agency. As a first-time donor, the credit can be shared between the individual and spouse, or common-law partner. The credit can only be applied to cash donations and not to donations of land or stock.
- All donors will be recognized inside the new facility once open. Make your mark through this legacy project.
- Donations can be made as a one-time donation or given over a period of up to 5 years. Stop by the Town of Wynyard office to discuss what works best for you or contact one of the Campaign Chairs: Tod Bolt (554.7967), Jeff Fisher (554.4121) and Ryan Peterson (560.8813).
It’s important to think about your gift not only as a financial transaction, but as an investment that creates social returns as well. Here are a few reasons to support our community sports complex:
- The existing facility is well used. Wynyard Memorial Arena serves a population of over 2000 urban and rural residents from Wynyard, and Rural Municipalities of Big Quill, Elfros and Emerald.
- The sports complex will provide more opportunities to a broader audience throughout the entire year: golf clubhouse, canteen and dressing rooms for ball, soccer, hockey and skating, summer kids program, special events, etc.
- It will keep the population active, serve as a gathering place for the community, and provide an economic benefit to local businesses
- It serves year round needs without duplicating existing structures
- It attracts and retains families; this is one way for the community to respond to its future growth potential
BHP Billiton donates $100,000 to Wynyard Sports Complex
Left to right: BHP Billiton Manager-Community Development Ken Smith, BHP Billiton Specialist-Community Engagement Ann Paton, Town of Wynyard Mayor Ted Czarnecki, Chief Administrative Officer Jason Chorneyko and Director of Leisure Services Kyle Stefanovic
Wynyard Indoor Rodeo Committee donates $49,182.63
On behalf of all past Wynyard Indoor Rodeo Committee members, sponsoring businesses and patrons who worked at, or attended any of the rodeo events over the years, the Rodeo Committee is proud to donate the remaining profits from the eight years of the rodeo to the Over Time Campaign.
Left to right: former Rodeo Committee members Dave Shepherd, Nancy Pitzel, Audrey Shepherd, Fern Hall, and Deb Klebeck presented a cheque to Jeff Fisher of the Over Time Campaign.
Richardson Pioneer Ltd and Richardson International Ltd Generously Donate $50,000 to the Over Time Campaign
Back row left to right: Town of Wynyard CAO Jason Chorneyko, Richardson Pioneer Area Marketing Rep Lindsay Gabel, Richardson Pioneer Area Marketing Rep Tracy Glessing
Front row left to right: Campaign co-chair Jeff Fisher, Town of Wynyard Mayor Ted Czarnecki, Richardson Pioneer Area Marketing Rep Wendy Parish, Richardson Pioneer Location Manager Chris Bartram
Cornerstone Credit Union generously donates $100,000 to the Over Time Campaign
Front row left to right: Ted Czarnecki (Town of Wynyard Mayor), Lisa Ewen (Cornerstone), Lou Coderre (Over Time Campaign co-chair). Back row: Joy Perry, Lori Donahue, Jason Chorneyko (Town of Wynyard CAO), Janice Davis, Trezlie Karakochuk, Michelle Bartoshewski, Sally Hood, Cheryl Straker, Judy Anderson, Fern Hall Photo credit: Denis Mozel, Wynyard Advance
Cornerstone Credit Union has announced a major donation to the Wynyard Over Time campaign. $100,000 is being donated to the campaign which will support the sports complex project.
Lori Walsh, Vice President of Marketing and Strategic Solutions at Cornerstone, says “Cornerstone is committed to helping our communities thrive and prosper. This unique opportunity to partner with the Town of Wynyard is really important to us and we’re very excited to help out with such a worthwhile project that will benefit residents of Wynyard and area for many years to come.”
Along with the financial contribution, Cornerstone has offered to help at fundraising events for the sports complex. Wynyard Managers Lisa Ewen and Fern Hall say staff are interested in becoming more involved with the campaign.
“We are looking forward to being an active part of the campaign,” says Ewen. “Giving our time and energy as a staff is just as important to us as providing funding. We want to help in whatever way we can.”
“Our Cornerstone Volunteer Program encourages staff to volunteer in their own communities and the program is growing each year. Our vision is to create opportunities and possibilities for the people who live in our community. We feel we can best achieve that by working together,” Hall added.
Thank you Cornerstone Credit Union!
Wynyard Co-op Generously Gives $150,000 to Sports Complex
Left to right: Campaign Co-Chair, Tod Bolt; Town of Wynyard CAO, Jason Chorneyko; Wynyard Co-op Board President, Glen Bolt; Wynyard Co-op General Manager, Len Labossiere, Wynyard Co-op Director, Dennis Dell
The Wynyard Co-op is giving back to the community in a big way. The Board of Directors and General Manager, Len Labossiere, announce a generous $150,000 donation to the Over Time campaign benefitting the new sports complex.
Labossiere says the Co-op knows how important this facility is to the community and area. “We are proud to support the Over Time capital campaign. This is an investment in the future for the communities we serve.”
“The Co-op’s core values are: locally invested, community minded, and lifetime member benefits. Our sponsorship of the sports complex is wholeheartedly in line with these values,” Labossiere adds. “Our support to Wynyard’s biggest need right now is a way of saying thanks to the community in which our employees and customers live and reflects our optimism for the future.”
Wynyard & District Kinsmen Club donates $175,000
Left to right: Yves Lalonde, Jason Chorneyko, Dale Gudmundson, Justin Wasylenka, Joel Chuckry, Chris Anderson, Ryan Bodnarchuk, Kyle Stefanovic, Scott Bolt, Tod Bolt, Darren Bowen, and Jeff Froehlich with campaign co-chair Lou Coderre. Photo credit: Denise Mozel, Wynyard Advance
RM of Big Quill donates $250,000
Left to right: Campaign co-chair Lou Coderre, RM Councillors Howie Linnen, Dale Kucey, and Dale Bolt, and Reeve Eugene McSymytz Photo credit: Denise Mozel, Wynyard Advance
Mayor’s Message: Over Time Campaign
Occasionally an opportunity arises that both revitalizes a community and benefits people for years to come. The new Wynyard and District Sports Complex presents such an opportunity.
The current rink is the hub of the community and the new complex will be a flagship facility for our community. We are committed to responding to our citizens and also to our town’s potential for growth. Town Council’s decision to support a new multi-purpose facility that will provide a broader range of services than our current arena is a transformational community initiative. We’ve heard from everyone how important it is and now we move forward.
The Arena Revitalization Committee spear-headed this project after it came to light that our original arena can no longer serve its purpose due to deterioration. We hired a firm to undertake a feasibility study and we heard loud and clear that this project would be financially supported by the community.
Of the $8.9M total project cost, we’re asking businesses and residents to come together and contribute $3.5M and we will pursue the remainder through all levels of government. Construction of the facility is anticipated to begin in the spring of 2015 (providing we are successful with the community fundraising goal) with the grand opening scheduled for 2016. This will ensure that all sport seasons go undisrupted.
We have named our campaign the “Over Time Campaign”… we feel that this represents the fact that we are currently in overtime with our current arena, but also that the positive impacts of the new facility will serve our community over time for many years to come.
Volunteers are integral to the campaign. I’m pleased to have Lou Coderre, Tod Bolt, Ray Bashutsky, Jeff Fisher and Ryan Pederson on our leadership team. A big thanks goes out to them and all of the volunteers who will be working hard over the next weeks and months to make this facility a reality. I’d like to encourage you to get involved with the campaign. Consider volunteering to join one of our committees. And when a campaign volunteer calls you and asks for a gift of your time, please meet with them.
The new multi-use facility will provide more opportunities to a broader audience throughout the entire year. It will serve as the club house for the golf course. The canteen and dressing rooms will be used by ball teams, and the summer kids program will be housed here. Hockey and skating programs will enjoy the extra storage space and opportunities to host competitions and tournaments. Special events such as weddings and carnival days will find the services and location attractive. It will truly be a multi-purpose building.
The campaign has just begun and thanks to Lou Coderre, The Kinsmen Club of Wynyard and District, and the R.M. of Big Quill, we have already raised 20% of the $3.5M goal! We will be sharing campaign news and updates on the Town of Wynyard website, in the Wynyard Advance and through our media partners CJVR and The Bolt. Stay tuned!